Wednesday, March 10, 2010

11 Months Already!

It is hard for me to believe that it has been almost 11 months since I last posted on this blog. It has been an eventful year.

Last spring and summer I really ramped up the miles in the bike and running. This is until I injured my right knee 10.5 miles into a half marathon last August. I was off the bike and unable to run from then until a little over a week ago when the doctor cleared me to get active again.

Needless to say, during that time I gained back some of the weight I had lost in 2008. One of the "dangers" of relying on exercise to lose weight and then to maintain the loss is that if for some reason the activity stops, it is hard to maintain. At least it was for me. Anyway, I am back on plan (WW) and easing back into the exercise. For now I am just walking, taking some easy rides on the bike, and playing a little volleyball at my church. So far the knee feels great!

I don't know if it is because I am back on plan (eating right again), or because of the daily exercise, or both, but my energy level has been much higher and I feel so much better.

I plan to keep up with the blog better from now on. Maybe if I had been blogging about my experiences last fall and winter, I would have done a better job maintaining my weight.

No comments: