Monday, April 12, 2010

Bike Lust

Well, I have a bad case of bike lust.  There is nothing wrong with my Long Haul Trucker, but I find my self lately fixating on the beautiful lines of other, sleeker, sportier, steel rode bikes.  I am thinking about getting another one to ride.  Yes, my LHT is dependable, and always there for me, but our relationship lacks a little zip, a little excitement.  The proverbial new has worn off both her and our relationship.

I find my self visiting the Rivendell website several times a day and looking at the fine lines, lugs, and paint of both the Hilsen and the Hillborne.

I even find myself peeking now and then at the mixte, Gomez. 

I think my LHT is beginning to suspect something.  I still ride her every day, but our relationship has become routine.  We are in a rut.  I really love my LHT and I am afraid that if I get a 2nd, or even a 3rd bike that I will inevitably ride her less and less until it gets to the point where it is rare that I find myself riding her.  And that would be a shame, because she has never failed to be there for me.


What to do...

1 comment:

Mandie said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Mandie Hayes
mandie.hayes10@gmail.com