Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Really Nice Ride

Today was just a beautiful day. It was 60 degrees, sunny, and calm at 5:30 this afternoon when I started my bike ride. It was a really great 27 mile ride! Central Kentucky is such a beautiful area. The fields are full of calves this time of year. They are really fun to watch. They get wide eyed as they see me riding up the road toward them along the fence line. When I get close, they run away frightened for a short distance and then turn and look at me like I am some two wheeled monster. I laugh every time. I look forward to more days like today this spring! I need to take my camera with me next time and take a few pictures to post.

1 comment:

Matthew Steinhoff said...

Team G4S Wackenhut is training for the MS-150 from Miami to Key Largo and back.

As such, I'm riding a lot more. I never would have thought about riding in the evening. You gotta leave work on time and be ready to ride otherwise you finish in the dark. It seems like too much pressure; too rushed.

Anyway, tonight we met after work and did 27 miles. We didn't burn up the pavement since it was windy and drizzling rain. But, we had a good time. It sure beat sitting on the sofa watching television. Got home in time to shower and then toast Saint Patty.

We'll do the same ride tomorrow night or possibly Thursday night. A 27-mile spin is a nice way to cap off the day.

Cheers,
Matt