Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New Bike

I have been riding my bike quite a bit more lately so I decided to buy a decent bike to replace the Target special I purchased back in February.  After looking at the Trek 520, a Kona, a Specialized Tri-Cross, a Cannondale Touring 1, and a Surly Long Haul Trucker, I decided on the Surly.  I wanted a touring bike so that I can both commute on it and do self-supported bike tours.  I picked up the bike late yesterday afternoon, it finally came in after a week and a half waiting for it.  It is very nice.  I rode it to work today and my pace was 3 mph faster than on my old bike with less effort (lower heart rate average).  I will post a picture of it soon.

2 comments:

YoYoNoMo said...

Hey Randy! Fellow GoaDie here, Dan or Yoyonomo - www.yoyonomo.com. I read your blog and wanted to congratulate you on your fantastic progress keep up the good work! It’s great you can commute by bike – a dream of mine that can’t come true – I love cycling! Congrats on the Surly, a great bike! I always advise people to get a quality bike, the difference is very noticeable!
See you on WW!

Randy said...

Dan,

Thanks for your positive comments. I just visited your web page and your progress is great! Keep it up and keep it off. Cool looking bike.